Maritime Services › Ship Registry
Any person, natural or legal, regardless of nationality or place of origin, is eligible to register vessels under the Panama flag. The registration procedure is simple and expedite.
The Panama Register is certified ISO 9001:2000 by Lloyd's Register Quality Assurance, one of the most prestigious organizations in the maritime community.
Please go here for an example of the costs of registering a vessel with the Panama Flag.
- Solid, oldest, open-registry recognized by financial and insurance institutions around the globe, with a shipping fleet exceeding 200 million gross tons.
- 8 hours registration time: Simple and straightforward procedure that allows the vessel to complete its registration in eight hours.
- Panama's corporations laws for offshore enterprises with high level of legal representation.
- Convenient service from Panamanian Consulates in the most important ports of the world.
- 24/7 service from Panama Maritime Authority technical office SEGUMAR.
- Discount of up to 60% for newbuildings and fleets.
- No minimum tonnage requirements or age limitation.
- White listed at the IMO.
- Simple procedures for Bareboat Charter (dual registration).
- Discounts of up to 60% for newbuildings
- Discounts, depending on tonnage, for vessels registered with the Merchant Navy less than five years after keel-laying.
- Discounts for mobile offshore drilling units (MODUs).
- Discounts for any vessels registered with the Merchant Navy, regardless of tonnage, type or year of construction, provided that over a 24-month period they were not detained by a Port State Control inspection.
- Loyalty discounts at registration.
- Lay-up registration*(Please read the section below).
- In/out charter registration.
- Special registration for temporary navigation.
- Online registration.
- Discounts for vessels that use innovative methods to help reduce atmospheric pollution.
- Lay-up registration. The Lay-up registration is a convenient solution in time of crisis. This type of registration does not require any on-board certificates, meeting the minimum safety and pollution prevention requirements is sufficient.
- Cost savings of 40% compared with standard registration in Panama.
- Reduction in crew-related costs during long periods of lay-up.
- When the vessel re-enters service, the only requirement is a special inspection by a Recognized Organization, to be reported to the Merchant Navy Authority (DGMM).
- Please Fill This Form, we will be glad to walk you through the process of registering a vessel under the Panama flag..