Consular Services › Traveling with Pets
Traveling with Pets
- Obtain the International Health certificate stamped by the Canadian Food and Inspection Agency.
- Get the health certificate authenticated by our Consular section. (See Authentication of Documents above).
- Prior to arrival to Panama, send the Domestic Quarantine Form to email@example.com
- This document will advise the Panamanian authorities about your pet arrival, and assure that an officer will be waiting at the airport to inspect your pet.
- Upon your pet arrival in Panama you will have to pay US $130.00 for Domestic Quarantine. This fee allows you to take your dog home with you, and will avoid overnight stays in quarantine.
- If the owner does not fulfill the requirements, the pet will be sent back to the country of origin at owner's expense.
The Health Department at the Tocumen Airport hours of operations are from 8:00 am to 11:00 pm Monday to Friday. If you do not arrive in Panama during these times, please make the necessary arrangements with the above mentioned authorities.